Surma Indian Takeaway’s Oli Kahn guides you through a delicious grilled lamb kebab dish with red hot salsa dish.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 10 minute
Recipe for kebab
1 kg mince lamb or (can be done with chicken or beef mince)
Juice and grated zest of large lemon
1 large egg or (2 small one)
150g gram flour
3 tea spoon garlic/ginger past
2 tea spoon ground cumin
½ tea spoon chilly powder
1 table spoon chopped coriander leaf
Salt to taste (1tea sp salt)
20 wooden kebab sticks
- Put all in a large mixing bowl combine everything with hand and mixed well until it’s smooth.
- Nnow wash your hands and roll into 20 small sausage shapes. Wet your hand with water every time you make roll.
- Thread onto kebab sticks. Place the stick on a hot barbecue and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the kebab fully cooked, according to the size.
- While they’re cooking make the salsa.
Recipe for red hot salsa
150gm fresh or frozen sweet corn
4 small red chilly fine chopped
8 tomatoes deseeded chopped
1 carrot finely chopped
1 table spoon mustard oil
1 table spoon coriander finely chopped
1 red onion finely chopped
3 tea spoon tamarind sauce
½ tea spoon red chilly powder
Pinch of salt
- Simply mix all together in a bowl. Serve the kebabs with the red hot salsa.